[arch-ports] First i686-only ISO busted for me too.

Erich Eckner arch at eckner.net
Sat Apr 1 19:31:49 UTC 2017

On 31.03.2017 09:22, Andreas Baumann wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 11:13:53PM +0200, Erich Eckner wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> sry. The problem is on my end.
>> It looks like I overshot by adopting all of the x86_64 changes for i686.
>> http://mirror.archlinux32.org/archisos/archlinux-2017.03.30-i686.iso
>> should work (at least, this works - in contrast to the other one - for me).
>> Maybe someone with more experience in building the iso than me can have
>> a look what piece between commit 6a3cb4a and 12f27c7 broke archiso32
>> (github.com/archlinux32/archiso32)?
>>
>> I hope, everything works fine, now.
>
> Hi,
>
> The 2017.03.30 booted fine on both libvirt and on my ASUS P2B-S machine.
> I did a full reinstall on libvirt with the 2017.03.30 version, no problems.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andreas

Hi,

I think, I found my mistake (forgot to cherry-pick some lines from the
original commit), current Iso is online:
https://mirror.archlinux32.org/archisos/testing/archlinux-2017.04.01-i686.iso

Besides comments on (problems with) the iso(s), also any comments on the
archiso-fork (github.com/archlinux32/archiso32) and the archiso-packages
(https://arch.eckner.net/archlinuxewe/os/any/archiso-dual-31-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
and
https://arch.eckner.net/archlinuxewe/os/any/archiso32-31-4-any.pkg.tar.xz)
are apreciated.

Something more general:
Maybe, we should set up some standard way to inform testers of new
versions to test? (some separate mailing list? archweb? ...?) I guess,
this list is not solely for (sup)porting i686, and others might not want
to get spammed with i686-test-release news.

cheers,
Erich