[arch-ports] First i686-only ISO busted for me too.

brainpower brainpower at mailbox.org
Sun Apr 2 06:55:55 UTC 2017

On 01.04.2017 21:31, Erich Eckner wrote:
--snip--

> Something more general:
> Maybe, we should set up some standard way to inform testers of new
> versions to test? (some separate mailing list? archweb? ...?) I guess,
> this list is not solely for (sup)porting i686, and others might not want
> to get spammed with i686-test-release news.

What about using a tag like '[i686]' (or similar) after '[arch-ports]' in the subject?

Almost every mail client I've encountered has some kind of filtering feature
that could be used to filter messages with that tag...

Even if no filter feature is used or if test-information is moved to another location,
it could be useful with other messages, too,
since it would make it easier to spot messages of interest.

Otherwise I'd say: Change the "test-information-location" only if someone actually complains.
Once everything is set up and runs for a while, it's probably going to be less such messages anyway.

--
regards,
brainpower