[arch-ports] Upgrade path to new build

Erich Eckner arch at eckner.net
Wed Mar 29 17:08:40 UTC 2017

Hi Bart,

if everything works as I imagine, then the "upgrade path" will be to
replace your /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist by one which only includes
something like mirror.archlinux32.org. But the details still have to be
sorted out.

Reinstall should not be necessary, since we will compile from the
"original" PKGBUILDs for i686, but will adopt any future updates from
x86_64 to i686. So in the beginning it should[1] be exactly as archlinux
for i686 is now.

cheers,
Erich

1] modulo any unforseen problems, of course ;-)