[arch-ports] Issue with package community/facter 3.14.11-1.0

Erich Eckner arch at eckner.net
Thu Jan 14 13:45:58 UTC 2021

Hi Quien,

On Wed, 6 Jan 2021, Quien Sabe via arch-ports wrote:

> Following a system update this morning my puppet agent began failing.
>
> I am sure there are probably more package that need rebulding but fact is now missing these shared library rquirements
> $ ldd libfacter.so | grep 'not found'
> libicudata.so.67 => not found
> libicui18n.so.67 => not found
> libicuuc.so.67 => not found
> libicudata.so.67 => not found
> libicui18n.so.67 => not found
> libicuuc.so.67 => not found
> libicudata.so.67 => not found
> libicui18n.so.67 => not found
> libicuuc.so.67 => not found

yes, we have icu issues, lately: A lot of packages were rebuilt *before*
the icu update or not rebuilt at all. We rebuilt facter and leatherman and
pushed it to the stable repositories - it should work, now.

> I created symlinks to the .68 versions of the library which apparently came with the system update which resulted in this error
> sudo ruby -W0 /usr/bin/puppet config print config
> libfacter was not found. Please make sure it was installed to the expected location.
> /usr/lib/libboost_regex.so.1.72.0: undefined symbol: u_isspace_67 - /usr/lib/libfacter.so

As you noticed, creating symlinks is not a very good idea. Sometimes it
works, but just as often, it doesn't. If you're in desperate need for an
old version of a library, you can untar it manually from the package in
your cache. But the right thing is really to downgrade temporarily and
bother us to fix the issue at the root.