[arch-proaudio] Request: schiv packages to [community]

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Sat Jan 27 10:51:54 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I hereby again (first try: 20180110) and now openly request the drop of
(at least) all outdated packages by schiv (Ray Rashif Rahman) from
[extra] to [community].
While I get, that real life can get in the way of packaging, this has
gone way overboard: The "newest" packages were signed 20171012
(ardour,liblo) [1] and were stuck in [testing] since then.
There have been no other direct package improvements since then and
there are long-out-of-dates reaching back as far as 20160920 [2]!
I have tried to contact Ray since the end of last year, without reply.

After a rebuild of speps' packages (of which many were not looked after
for years), co-maintaining most of Ray's in [community], I'm currently
moving valid candidates from AUR to [community].
This mail can therefore also be considered as a call for maintainers
(especially, but not exclusively) for pro-audio software on Arch Linux.
If you'd like to help package software and/or become TU, please let me
know.

Best,
David

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?packager=schiv