[arch-proaudio] ardour buildscript

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Fri Jan 19 13:02:45 UTC 2018

On 2017-12-27 20:40:12 (+0100), Joakim Hernberg wrote:
> I built Ardour 5.12 the other day and came up with some
> inconsistencies, so I asked rgareus one of the devs for advice.  He
> gave me the following:
>
> 1. sed -i 's/python ${SRC}/python2 ${SRC}/' libs/pbd/wscript is not
> needed this has been fixed in the source a long time.  The only thing
> we have to do is to run python2 waf configure as the script already
> does.
Nice.

> 2. configure it like this:
>         configure --prefix=/usr --configdir=/etc
>                         --with-backends="jack,alsa,dummy" \
>                         --libjack=weak \
>                         --optimize \
>                         --cxx11 \
>                         --ptformat \
>                         --no-phone-home
>
> He said there is no need to build the documentation on the users
> machine.  Add the dummy backend which improves on functionality.
> Optionally add the experimental --ptformat option which gives initial
> support for opening pro tools session in ardour.  This is a work in
> progress but they have understood the XOR based encryption and are in
> the process of clean room reverse engineering the format.
That's some neat improvement.
However, I think building documentation can be quite benifical, as you
might end up in a situation without internet connection, when working
with ardour. I'd always opt for a local doc in that case.
It should also be installed then.. ;-)

@Ray: Please add this to a new pkgrel!

Best,
David