[arch-proaudio] Package groups

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Jan 19 18:32:02 UTC 2018

On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 14:38:38 +0100, David Runge wrote:
>On January 19, 2018 2:10:49 PM GMT+01:00, "Jeanette C." wrote:
>>As for the list of packages, if Yoshimi goes into community then it's
>>a definite candidate, in my opinion.
>Most def.

Jeanette says it all! If maintaining zynaddsubfx + yoshimi should be
too much work, it would be better to drop zynaddsubfx.

OTOH https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/yoshimi/ is well maintained and
it doesn't take that long to build it. It's one of the audio packages I
always build from AUR, while I replace several audio packages from
official repositories as well as from AUR, by my own packages.

Linux audio FX plugins are tricky, a lot of them are plain crap. One of
the few useful plugins IMO is
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/x42-plugins/ , I guess several users
tend to prefer it over Fons' original EQ. IMO Fons original EQ is good
and I only made a short test using Robins EQ, but it seems to be ok.
There are a few other "professional" audio FX plugins, but I don't have
the names at hand.