[arch-projects] Pacman improvement

Jason Chu jason at archlinux.org
Wed Aug 25 00:56:35 EDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 07:14:39PM -0700, Tim Goff wrote:
> this as probably been posted before but here's my
> idea:
>
> Instead of
> current                  [################] 100%
> 38K    14.2K/s  00:00:02
> extra                    [################] 100%
> 147K    14.8K/s  00:00:10
>
> We should change pacman to
> Instead of
> current                  [C...............]   0%
> 38K    14.2K/s  00:00:02
> Instead of
> current                  [       C........]  50%
> 38K    14.2K/s  00:00:02
> current                  [            C...]  75%
> 147K    14.8K/s  00:00:10
> Current                  [               C] 100%
> 147K    14.8K/s  00:00:10
>
> Just to reflect the name.

I hate to say this, but I don't think this is technically interesting or
really all that difficult to do.  A patch could be written very easily,
even by you, to implement something like this and submit it as a bug.

I think a request like this should go to the regular arch mailing list.

Jason

--
If you understand, things are just as they are.  If you do not understand,
things are just as they are.

My old gpg key expired, the new one is available from keyservers.  I was
stupid enough not to realize this before it was too late, so I am not
able to sign my new key with my old key.  If this assurance isn't enough,
please contact me.