[arch-projects] new WMII snapshot

Dusty Phillips buchuki at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 16:30:23 EDT 2005

On Apr 10, 2005 10:33 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> New snapshot is in my repo....

Thanks!

> I've been getting a bit tired of wmii... wmi is still fine by me...

Serious? I'm just trying to figure out the new multimodal
keybindings... they're awesome.  I'm still having some trouble with
resizing frames, but I think that will come with time. Overall, I'm
becoming quite impressed. I'm going to have to hack ALL the
keybindings to get what I want, but I can see wmii is capable of what
I want. They just have sucky defaults. :-D

mod4+w enters wmii mode
r enters resize mode
hjkl to make the window bigger (shift to smaller)
esc esc to return to default mode

Kinda neat.

Only there seems to be a problem splitting windows sometimes... maybe
they only split when the frame is unlocked or something.  I'm gonna
keep experimenting, but seriously, I'm finally getting past
"interested" and sneaking up on "impressed".

Dusty