[arch-projects] Keeping the list alive!

Andy Roberts mail at andy-roberts.net
Mon Aug 1 07:19:42 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I thought I'd give everyone a nudge to chip in with updates on their current
project(s).

This month, I have been mostly writing Jacman. (Fast show, anyone?!)

So, c'mon guys, be honest... has it been worth my effort? Do you think people
actually will use it? Does ArchLinux *need* such a utility? Or did I pick the
wrong language? Bearing in mind that Archie won't use Jacman due to the size
of the JRE.

It's not that I haven't had lots of positive feedback. And even if no-one else
liked it, it's certainly been good for practising Java GUI programming and
how to interact with native commands. I'm just wondering what you guys think.

What are you lot up to?

Andy