[arch-projects] Distro Talk idea

Jason Chu jason at archlinux.org
Thu Aug 4 20:47:58 EDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 05:36:22PM -0600, Dusty Phillips wrote:
> > This site would really only be for smart people who have good ideas to
> > offer to the distro development community.
>
> What? All three of you? :-P
>
> In other words, how do you keep the cruft out? Strict moderation is
> impossible...
>
> Dusty

The hope would be to attract people who are willing to keep the quality of
conversation up there.  That way it's much easier to keep cruft out.

At first, I know I'd review any articles before posting them for anyone.
Hopefully, over time, other people could come along to help with that.

Mailing lists are harder to manage, because you can't easily quiet people.
Instead you can ban them from the list or just ignore them.  Who knows, my
bit bucket may get full yet.

Jason

--
If you understand, things are just as they are.  If you do not understand,
things are just as they are.