[arch-projects] window manager thought

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 11:58:24 EDT 2005

On 5/28/05, Dusty Phillips <buchuki at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is sorta for Phrakture -- are you still working on a modular
> window manager based on litestep, or did you give that project over?

Yes, still working on it - but it's a side project... I lost a bunch
of code a while back
Right now I have alot of projects which are smaller, so I have brought
to the forefront (I work that way, do the easy stuff first, hard stuff
last).

> but its also for anybody who's interested -- I know quite a few people
> are looking for 'the perfect window manager' and believe that such a
> program does not yet exist.

Ah but it will... someone so fasionably named it "phrakwm", he he

In all seriousness, if my "vision" is correct, when this is done, it
will be sort of like building a pillow fort when you were little....
the pillow fort was your design and exactly what you wanted, but the
pillows and cusions and chairs were already made... they were all
disjointed objects.

I just have to make sure the "plumbing" is extensible enough before I
go ahead and start shoe-horning SWIG and whatnot into it - never
worked with that stuff, so it should be fun.