[arch-projects] Opinion on a project of mine

Dusty Phillips buchuki at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 14:46:18 EDT 2005

GroovyBuilder is the only way to build GUIs... so simple... Too bad
its so slow and resource-hungry.

Seriously though, Java makes most sense to me for any GUI app. Maybe
its just me and the way I was taught, but I can't stand any of the
python bindings to GUI toolkits or C toolkits, etc. The weird thing
is, almost nobody else likes Java's event model and swing and stuff.
The new Synth look and feel is pretty cool if you want to make it
skinnable. Unless, of course, you hate XML, which no self-respecting
Java programmer besides me has ever admitted to. Grrr...

Ok, I know what I'm gonna say next. I'm going to say it, honest...
write a 3D media GUI for Ensmer. Yep, I told you I'd say it.

Dusty