[arch-projects] Xenophile

Jason Chu jason at archlinux.org
Wed Mar 16 14:02:20 EST 2005

> I'm not certain about the details, but I believe the Xenophile scripts
> interact with the jabberd server on the host they are working with, as
> well as with the clients. Its a lot harder to set up an AIM or Yahoo
> server on your system. ;) I may be wrong, however, the right honorable
> Mr. Chu can provide more details.

Xenophile scripts are just clients as well.  They don't interact with the
jabberd server any differently than a regular client.  But, as I said
before, anything on a non-open system will be a pretty ugly hack.

> It should be possible, from what I understand. The scripts are really
> simple (Xentac, give us a link to the subversion repo again) The part
> I find most interesting is getting a fully functional remote shell
> inside jabber. I guess it wouldn't be as useful as, say, ssh, but the
> coolness factor is pretty high.

That remote shell daemon is sort of silly.  It'd be cooler to have links to
project description, etc pop up when you cd'd into your projects directory
though.

Jason

--
If you understand, things are just as they are.  If you do not understand,
things are just as they are.