[arch-projects] Two small projects

cactus cactus at solarblue.net
Thu Mar 17 15:11:36 EST 2005

Dusty, if you have jedit start up a screen instance, then you could also
make it pass commands to the screen terminal for you. You should be able
to change the working directory seamlessly in such a fashion..

If you start a screen session, you can use the following command from
another terminal to pass things to it. Note: The carriage return is
necessary, otherwise it just puts it on the line.

screen -X stuff "cd ~
"

Maybe it would be easier to have your jedit module interact with a screen
session, ie..you change buffers in jedit, and it automatically  sends an
appropriate command to a named screen sesssion, changing its directory as
needed.
I don't recall offhand how to interact with a named screen session, but it
is possible, and not that hard if I recall...it still uses the -X syntax,
but there is another flag...