[arch-projects] Why do we choose the programming languages that we do?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 13:00:13 EST 2005

Hmmm, that's a good question... it may have something to do with the
way you learn something.  I first learned C/C++, then moved to other
things... most of my professors in school, while they taught other
things, had begun with C.  Maybe the style rubs off.... I also think
there are certain parallels to the WM a person chooses.  There's
features which are important to one person and not another: some like
eye candy, others like intuitiveness.  This could be extended to the
language world... I, personally, love scientific programming, and
therefore, need high speed numerics.... which you won't find in
anything high level or scripted... it's a feature that's important to
me, but wouldn't be to, say, a GUI developer.