[arch-projects] projects

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 16:23:57 EST 2005

Aw, it's a shame to lose ya from the forums...

As for projects, I'm not really sure - I have nothing small.  The only
stuff I've been attempting is my little window manager project... the
problem is that it's fairly big... and considering I have maybe an
hour a day to sit down and write stuff, it's going slowly.

So it's all splintered all over the place... little workable pieces
here and there... unit tests mainly... I think I've got it fairly
under control, but I need to figure out a nice generic way to
extrapolate event handling - so that not only can X events be handled,
but events on the fly....
I'm probably going to use libsigc++, as it's really nicely done...
perhaps I'll used named signals... hmmm there's an idea...
signals["MyRandomSignal"].connect(some_slot);

it might not be the most efficient thing out there... but it's
definately the most extendable (unless I used a long or something as
the index, but that would require a whole mess of #defines...)

anyway, I'm rambling... arooaroo pointed me to modblog.com, which is
kinda cool as far as blogging sites go... so I may keep a little log
of my ideas/progress there... not sure yet...
it'd be the obvious phrakture.modblog.com