[arch-projects] Dead list

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri May 20 16:14:53 EDT 2005

> Instead of writing structured C++, pure C will be a
> little more lightweight.  It's a good thing to know.

That's not true..if I write some C and compile it with g++ or gcc it
will be the same.

I almost only write structure C++ - it's a paradigm called "mixed
mode" programming - the OO part is used solely for encapsulation -
basically replacing stuff like this in C:
typedef void* Object;
Object new_Object();
void free_Object(Object);

with:

class Object
{
   Object();
   ~Object();
};

gains of structured c++ vs structured c:
  no freaking memory management fiascos...
  STL types (linked lists, hash tables, maps, strings)
  faster sorting (yup)

Anyway, I'm really off topic... 8) Just always want to speak my case for c++