[arch-projects] AUR release plan

Loui louipc.ist at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 23:17:28 EDT 2007

On 10/2/07, tardo <tardo at nagi-fanboi.net> wrote:
> what's the plan for 1.5.0? any goals?

I have a few goals. Right now I'm working on account creation/editing.

There are a few issues:
- a user can willy-nilly change his or her username. (should this be allowed?)
- usernames can be ridiculous "hsmnbn3#  sd789^#&#          " for example
- password can be blank
- in fact username can also be blank but that username has already
been assigned in the official AUR.

Those are the issues I'm going to address with compatibility for old
(bad) usernames, etc.

I think I'd put a check to prompt a user with a bad username to change
it when the go in to edit their account. (And maybe even on login)

Also I'd like to move presentation code out of the lib functions and
into templates.