[arch-projects] AUR release plan

tardo tardo at nagi-fanboi.net
Tue Oct 2 23:47:34 EDT 2007

Loui wrote:
> On 10/2/07, tardo <tardo at nagi-fanboi.net> wrote:
>
>> what's the plan for 1.5.0? any goals?
>>

> I have a few goals. Right now I'm working on account creation/editing.
>
> There are a few issues:
> - a user can willy-nilly change his or her username. (should this be allowed?)
> - usernames can be ridiculous "hsmnbn3#  sd789^#&#          " for example
> - password can be blank
> - in fact username can also be blank but that username has already
> been assigned in the official AUR.
>
> Those are the issues I'm going to address with compatibility for old
> (bad) usernames, etc.
>
> I think I'd put a check to prompt a user with a bad username to change
> it when the go in to edit their account. (And maybe even on login)
>
> Also I'd like to move presentation code out of the lib functions and
> into templates.

Hmm, in that case, I'll try and refactor code from packages.php into two
different files. My goals:

- Separate code from package.php into pkgsearch.php and pkgdetails.php
- pkgsearch will have everything that current package.php has.
-- you can search for packages, adopt/flag/disown/vote/notify multiple
packages
- pkgdetails will be strictly for the package details, including comments
- the problem with this is that current programs depend on this, but
hopefully an rpc is being worked on

- Work on the login timeout issue. I want to eliminate the need for a
timeout altogether, as I don't see the point of it.
- pkgsubmit process should include the submitter in notify list
- package owners shouldn't be allowed to vote.
- delete multiple comments at once

Dunno if i'll get all this done in 2-3 weeks, but i'll try :x

- tardo