[arch-projects] [initscripts] next release

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri Nov 4 20:04:46 EDT 2011

Am 04.11.2011 23:08, schrieb Tom Gundersen:
> The reason I haven't touched the latter is that I hate
> the crypttab format we use. If anyone would like to help (preferably
> someone who uses any of this), that would be highly appreciated.

I always planned on dropping the crypttab format and only keep a
crypttab parser for legacy systems. Instead, I was planning to have a
"one crypto mapping per file" configuration in /etc/cryptsetup.d/ or so,
where you would have bash-style KEY=value pairs. This would improve
flexibility and extensibility - all the new requested features would be
more straight-forward to implement.