[arch-projects] [netcfg] Project Status / Reconnect Syntax Patch

Moritz Beller m.o.m.o at web.de
Thu Feb 2 07:05:03 EST 2012

On 31.01.2012 19:12, Leonid Isaev wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:35:56 +0100
> Thanks for looking into this. But I wonder what exactly do you mean by "bad
> wlan"? And what are AP parameters (wep, wpa enterprise)?

I am not sure what is going on there -- it's the eduroam at my
university (WPA-EAP, certificate authentication via PAP). They are using
Cisco routers with a firmware that has some buffer overflow issues if
too many connections are opened at the same time. As I am not resonsible
for the machines, I cannot debug this. All I know is that from time to
time, the connection dies -- although I am still connected --- and I
have to issue a reconnect with nectfg.

Which I tried to make simpler syntacticwise and which I would really
like to discuss now.

Moritz