[arch-projects] [netcfg] Project Status / Reconnect Syntax Patch

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Thu Feb 2 13:36:45 EST 2012

On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 13:05:03 +0100
Moritz Beller <m.o.m.o at web.de> wrote:

> On 31.01.2012 19:12, Leonid Isaev wrote:
> > On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:35:56 +0100
> > Thanks for looking into this. But I wonder what exactly do you mean by "bad
> > wlan"? And what are AP parameters (wep, wpa enterprise)?
>
> I am not sure what is going on there -- it's the eduroam at my
> university (WPA-EAP, certificate authentication via PAP). They are using
> Cisco routers with a firmware that has some buffer overflow issues if
> too many connections are opened at the same time. As I am not resonsible
> for the machines, I cannot debug this. All I know is that from time to
> time, the connection dies -- although I am still connected --- and I
> have to issue a reconnect with nectfg.

So you are still associated/authenticated to the AP, right? When you reconnect
is the same AP or a different one? This info should be in
/var/log/{kernel,daemon}.log where MACs are printed.

I'm not objecting to netcfg modifications -- just trying to see if there a
bigger wpa_supplicant issue here...

--
Leonid Isaev
GnuPG key ID: 164B5A6D