[arch-projects] [initscripts] [GIT] Arch Linux initscripts repository branch master updated. 2012.06.1-6-gb4d7c53

Igor M Podlesny for.poige+archlinux at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 23:25:48 EDT 2012

On 11 June 2012 08:17, Tom Gundersen <tomegun at archlinux.org> wrote:
[…]
>    rc.sysinit: remove warnings
>
>    These were useful in a transition period, but no need to keep them around.
>
>    If /usr is not mounted we probably won't even get this far. If devtmpfs is not supported
>    the previous mount of /dev would have given an errormessage.
>
>    This was prompted by a suggeston from Igor Podlesny to improve on the error handling, which
>    made me realise we could drop it.

   1) Does it mean "grep" can be hosed out of PKGBUILD as well?

   2) Surely I welcome cleaning up the code, but transition period is
something subjective. Another one good thing about Arch is it's
simplicity and flexibility, allowing people to use their own kernels
easily, so it's reasonable that If initscripts have some assumptions
they would be better tested, probably at the very beginning of it,
wouldn't they?

--
End of message. Next message?