[arch-projects] [RFC 03/23] Add warning if dependencies are missing

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Fri May 18 18:09:08 EDT 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 6:21 PM, Matthew Monaco <dgbaley27 at 0x01b.net> wrote:
> I don't really like this, it would be better to check only for
> cryptsetup here, other checks can go where they're used or not at all.
>
> The best might be to not do anything like this at all.

I'm not a big fan of this. Just deal with errors properly where they
might happen (as other things than a missing binary might go wrong).

If you are confident that this warning will give no false positives
(i.e. warn about missing stuff which actually does not matter), then
it's fine, but I don't think it is worth the effort.

-t