[arch-projects] [netcfg] Call for testers: netctl

Curtis Shimamoto sugar.and.scruffy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 19:53:40 EST 2013

On 01/08/13 at 05:42pm, William Giokas wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 06:30:21PM -0500, member graysky wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 4:44 AM, Jouke Witteveen <j.witteveen at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I have tagged a 0.2 release of netctl.
> >
> > Working fine w/ my trivial example (static).  The `make pkgbuild` is
> > kind of neat, but the AUR should be used in my opinion.
>
> There is an aur package [0]. It even comes with zsh completion if you're
> into that.
>
> [0] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/netctl-git/
>
> --
> William Giokas | KaiSforza
> GnuPG Key: 0xE99A7F0F
> Fingerprint: F078 CFF2 45E8 1E72 6D5A  8653 CDF5 E7A5 E99A 7F0F

Cool, I am into zsh completion!  I have just been pulling from the git
source everytime there has been an update.

Anyway, I just want to report that this version seems to be working great
in my also trivial situation.

The last version seemed to have trouble connecting to the network at
work.  I tried with wifi-menu, and a handwritten config.  Besides not
connecting, I had no time to further diagnose the problem.

In any case, 0.2 works perfectly, and netctl-auto is performing excellent
between the three networks I frequent.

Regards,
--
Curtis Shimamoto