[arch-projects] [netcfg] Call for testers: netctl

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Thu Jan 31 18:25:13 EST 2013

I took a quick glance at the code a minute ago and I am confused. I was
wondering how you solved the problem of systemd starting the network
services before the devices appear.

And as it turned out, it doesn't! When you activate
netctl at PROFILE.service, the netctl profile will often activate before
the needed network devices appear. That is precisely the problem I
addressed by my generator-based solution in my latest netcfg patches.

Apart from reduced code size (which is good), this is no improvement
over netcfg.