[arch-projects] [archweb] Licensing issues with JS code

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Jan 7 16:34:59 UTC 2018

On 01/07/2018 10:55 AM, Eli Schwartz wrote:
> Not really sure what the issue is, are we actually in violation of
> anything, and if so what? For example, quickly googling for konami.js
> shows me several github repos that *all* claim to be MIT licensed.

Morten Linderud pointed out on IRC that it originally comes from
https://code.google.com/archive/p/konami-js/

I did investigative work, and the author moved from googlecode to
github, and relicensed it as MIT:
https://github.com/snaptortoise/konami-js/issues/13

This may not have covered prior PR authors on github, but it did cover
the googlecode version which we use, yes?

--
Eli Schwartz