[arch-releng] New installation guide

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sun Aug 2 16:44:51 EDT 2009

So, we decided to write the install guide in markdown and keep it in git together with aif.
it will be available on the images, as well as on the arch website (we still need to figure out a good way how to do that though.  seems like the markdown plugins for our wiki give security problems)

Anyway, here is the new version http://github.com/Dieterbe/aif/blob/experimental/doc/official_installation_guide_en
(formatted as plaintext, if you want to see it rendered, copy paste it into  http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/dingus )

known issues:
- id attributes don't work (seems like this is not possible unless you use html in markdown :((. this is needed to make the links from the TOC work)
- alignment TOC not correct.

Please review this file.  One part that is left largely untouched is the explanation for all files & options in the "configure system" section.
It seems a bit overkill to me to try to document every option for every file, so I just left it like it was.