[arch-releng] Make RC images more public?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 17:56:59 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Gerhard Brauer<gerbra at archlinux.de> wrote:
> I do some inline editing...
Grammar adjustments

> Am Montag, den 03.08.2009, 23:18 +0200 schrieb Dieter Plaetinck:
>>
>> I wrote this quickly because i'm tired:
>> (I'll write something better for the actual release)
> --------------------------
>>
>> Hi,
>> We're close to releasing new official Arch installation media.
>>
>> These media will bring *a lot* of new things, so we would like some broader testing.
>>
>> The most important changes since 2009.02:
>> - usage of new AIF installer
>> - better disk editor with support for dm_crypt and lvm setups
>> - support for automated installations (deprecates quickinst)
>> - aufs instead of unionfs
>> - smarter, faster, better boot device detection (esp. for usb users)
>> - better date/time setting
>> - refactored grub installation routines
>> - and more...
>>
>> To test this, you can try many things:
>> - the interactive and automatic procedures.
>> - net & cd-based installations
>> - usb vs cd-rom images, isolinux vs grub.
>>
> We like to have primarily tested:
We would like to have the following tested:
> - time/timezone setting with UTC and localtime
> - If the boot device gets fine detected during archiso boot hook
If the boot device gets detected properly during archiso boot hook
> - grub bootloader installation
> - USB images test, here if your USB controller gets detected.
If USB images detect the USB controller properly

> If i moved the RCs finally to public dir i could make this annouce on
> arch-general. IMHO i could not post anything to "Announcements, Package
> and Security Advisories" forum on bbs? Maybe this is something you,
> Aaron, have to do then...

I added a new group allowing you guys to post to that board on the
forums. So you should be able to do it now. If I accidentally gave you
some admin permissions, let me know (that'd be an oops on my part)