[arch-releng] Make RC images more public?

Gerhard Brauer gerbra at archlinux.de
Mon Aug 3 17:38:43 EDT 2009

I do some inline editing...

--------------------------

> Hi,
> We're close to releasing new official Arch installation media.
>
> These media will bring *a lot* of new things, so we would like some broader testing.
>
> The most important changes since 2009.02:
> - usage of new AIF installer
> - better disk editor with support for dm_crypt and lvm setups
> - support for automated installations (deprecates quickinst)
> - aufs instead of unionfs
> - smarter, faster, better boot device detection (esp. for usb users)
> - better date/time setting
> - refactored grub installation routines
> - and more...
>
> To test this, you can try many things:
> - the interactive and automatic procedures.
> - net & cd-based installations
> - usb vs cd-rom images, isolinux vs grub.

We like to have primarily tested:
- time/timezone setting with UTC and localtime
- If the boot device gets fine detected during archiso boot hook
- grub bootloader installation
- USB images test, here if your USB controller gets detected.

> Our bugtracker: http://bugs.archlinux.org/proj6
>
> New installation guide: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Official_Arch_Linux_Install_Guide
> You can get the RC's from: http://build.archlinux.org/isos/

Happy testing!
	Archlinux Release Team

If i moved the RCs finally to public dir i could make this annouce on
arch-general. IMHO i could not post anything to "Announcements, Package
and Security Advisories" forum on bbs? Maybe this is something you,
Aaron, have to do then...

Gerhard