[arch-releng] Make RC images more public?

Gerhard Brauer gerbra at archlinux.de
Mon Aug 3 16:02:31 EDT 2009

Am Montag, den 03.08.2009, 14:11 -0500 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 8:04 AM, Gerhard Brauer<gerbra at archlinux.de> wrote:
> >
> > Public testing may give uns more feedback than we have it with our
> > alpha/beta images (which were very few...)
>
> Would you like a front page news item?

No, that is overkill for RC images. We would like to make a test when
announcing them on the bbs, maybe in "Announcements, Package and
Security Advisories" (these don't get linkied all to the front page?).
Or a similar forum?
With a text like: for interested people who like to test the base things
before end of week the final arrives. We won't like to hear that your
machine could not boot with 2.6.30 kernels or virtualbox problems, but
on any issue what you see in the install procedure (most with aif).
Something like that.

The last what we wnat to have this week are zillions of bugreports on
things which are affected by problems also a installed archlinux systems
has...

Dieter, would you like to make such a short announce of the RCs as a
draft... Maybe based on these we already have for alpha/betas..

Gerhard