[arch-releng] Make RC images more public?

Gerhard Brauer gerbra at archlinux.de
Mon Aug 3 16:36:07 EDT 2009

Am Montag, den 03.08.2009, 15:08 -0500 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Gerhard Brauer<gerbra at archlinux.de> wrote:

> > With a text like: for interested people who like to test the base things
> > before end of week the final arrives. We won't like to hear that your
> > machine could not boot with 2.6.30 kernels or virtualbox problems, but
> > on any issue what you see in the install procedure (most with aif).
> > Something like that.
>
> How about:
> We're looking for installation issues only, not issues with packages
> themselves. If the ISO boots and installs exactly as expected, then
> the testing is complete. Problems after the actual installation should
> be reported to the bug tracker as normal, but should not be reported
> to the Release Engineering team.

Yes, fine. We should also tell what is new (AIF of course!, boot device
detection, ....) and what we like to have most tested. This were IMHO:
* time/timezone setting with UTC and localtime
* If the boot device is fine detected during archiso boot hook
* grub bootloader install
* install with usb images, if the USB chipsets are detected (or if we
have a massive problem according to FS#15376)
* general aif handling, workflow...

Test period is relative short (we want to release latest on 09. August)

Gerhard