[arch-releng] BeginnersGuide (WAS: RC1 ISOs and final release)

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Fri Feb 6 13:06:11 EST 2009

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 12:02:14 +0100
Gerhard Brauer <gerbra at archlinux.de> wrote:

> The installer has a ASCII version of the whole text from wiki.
> The part with yaourt comes in the APPENDIX section of the wiki page,
> but the ASCII version parses the whole guide.
> I would say: We should parse only the main wiki page of
> BeginnersGuide, without the Appendix.

I think this would be a workaround, and not a solution for the "real"
problem

Imho we should come up with a more regulated and controlled workflow
for documentation.
There are lots of issues that are even "global" for Arch, outside of
the scope of just arch-releng.
(eg access control, keeping the documentation official <-> allowing
community input, generating packaged documentation, etc)