[arch-releng] RC1 ISOs and final release

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 13:45:46 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:19:29AM -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Gerhard Brauer <gerbra at archlinux.de> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > i have a proposition on the current RC1 and the final release phase:
> >
> > If the current state of the documentation is the real problem not to
> > release the ISO - hell, let's remove ALL documentation from THIS
> > release. We have not an official ISO release since 2008.06 and now
> > someone found a "yaourt" in the docu!
> >
> > IMHO: the RC1 is in release state from technical state. Let's build the
> > final without docu (i guess not many people will ever need them really)
> > and fix the last minor things (typo in /etc/issue, etc.).
> >
> >        *** And release it.  **
> >
> > If we switch to aif next release the docu must rewritten again.
>
> Good point, and I agree 100%. I will make sure we add a note to the
> release notes that documentation has been removed because it is
> severely outdated. I will point them to the wiki page, updated with
> dolby's changes, and suggest saving or printing or something if they
> need offline docs - does this sound good?
>
> Though, if I grabbed dolby's changes right now, and removed the
> beginners guide, will that put us in a better state?

I updated the guide after performing an FTP installation to the best
that i could. Feel free to include it in the ISO. I suggest leaving the
beginners gyide there too. I added a reference to it, plus the beg.
guide is only outdated when it comes to install steps which should be
covered in the install guide.

--
Greg

what to do and what not to do in public :o)
http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php