[arch-releng] RC2 ISOs and final release

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 10:49:17 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 11. Februar 2009 19:39:19 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
>> This should be pretty much the final ISO, so I'm just looking for some
>> confirmations on the above bugs.
>
> If I see this right, all showstoppers are fixed now. Of course there are lot
> of small things that still can be improved. But I think we should just release
> it.
>
> I hereby suggest to move it to the ftp dir tonight. I can build the torrents
> then. We can announce it on Monday. So we have the weekend to prepare the news
> and the mirrors have a chance to sync.
>
> If we notice anything horrible broken during this phase we cann allways stop
> and release new ones.

This sounds good to me, but I won't be around until Sunday - I will
move it out before I leave work today, unless there are any "omg
stop!" comments. I will then prepare the news items and all that fun
stuff - anyone interested in making a draft of release notes? Make
sure to mention things like AIF :)