[arch-releng] RC2 ISOs and final release

Gerhard Brauer gerbra at archlinux.de
Fri Feb 13 11:56:19 EST 2009

Am Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:49:17 -0600
schrieb Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:

> This sounds good to me, but I won't be around until Sunday - I will
> move it out before I leave work today, unless there are any "omg
> stop!" comments. I will then prepare the news items and all that fun
> stuff - anyone interested in making a draft of release notes? Make
> sure to mention things like AIF :)

I wrote some draft for 2009.01. Could be used as a skeleton:

----------------------
Friday, 01/23/09
We proudly announce the release of the new ArchLinux installation ISO's
2009.01. After a longer period without a new ISO, 2009.01 comes with
these features:
- Kernel 2.6.28
- Ext4 support. Installation could be done on a ext4 root partition,
  also the ISO is ready (grub) to act as a rescue/maintains cd for
  systems with ext4 root partitions.
- New ISO's (ftp-iso i686 and x86_64) with isolinux as bootloader. In
  the past we have a few systems which have problems to boot the
  install CD's when Grub was the bootloader. For these systems we offer
  cd's with isolinux bootloader.

Also we have a group of people working on the further iso's. Release
group TEXT etc.

Further plans:
- Release new ISO's more regularly based on kernel upstream releases.
- Switch to a new installer (aif text, etc.) For testing on 2009.01 is
  still a version of aif ver.sio.n-1 available. TEXT

Happy installing!