[arch-releng] 2009.01 Announce Text (was: Release Engineering team)

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 14:14:42 EST 2009

Minor edits inline

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 7:19 AM, Gerhard Brauer <gerbra at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Friday, 01/23/09
> We proudly announce the release of the new ArchLinux installation ISO's
> 2009.01. After a longer period without a new ISO, 2009.01 comes with
> these features:
> - Kernel 2.6.28
> - Ext4 support. Installation could be done on a ext4 root partition,
Installation _can_ be done
>  also the ISO is ready (grub) to act as a rescue/maintains cd for
I would say: "the grub based ISO can act as"
maintains -> maintenance
>  systems with ext4 root partitions.
> - New ISO's (ftp-iso i686 and x86_64) with isolinux as bootloader. In
>  the past we have a few systems which have problems to boot the
>  install CD's when Grub was the bootloader. For these systems we offer
>  cd's with isolinux bootloader.
cd -> CD just to keep the case the same

Overall: Replace ISO's with ISOs and CD's with CDs

I'd like to post the Release Engineering announcement first, before
the ISOs are out. Perhaps I will do that today