[arch-releng] Beta2 ISOs and final release

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Jan 27 17:15:31 EST 2009

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> Road Map:
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/roadmap/proj6
>
> Bugs fixed in Beta2:
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12936
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12896 with rootdelay=X specified
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11408 isolinux fallback ISOs
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11152
>
> Bugs fixed in git, not on an ISO:
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12896 (dupe, above) - with usbdelay
> instead of rootdelay
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12944
>    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12947
>
> So. Please test the beta2 bugs and issues, so we can close them. I
> want to make sure there's no other installer bugs before I release
> another package and rebuild the ISOs
>
> If all goes well, I'll build and release the final 2009.01 release on Wed or so.
>
> Cheers,
> Aaron

Hi,

I booted (virtualbox 2.1.2) the archlinux-2009.01-beta2-core-x86_64.iso
and display these two errors messages at startup:

:: Running Hook [archiso-early]
/init: 9: cannot create /: Is a directory
/init: 9: /etc/modprobe.d/usb-delay: not found
:: Running Hook [udev]

The instalation runs OK, but when installing GRUB, this not installed.
/arch/setup, display that are installed OK but in /tmp/grub.log

The file /mnt/boot/grub/stage1 not read correctly.

I used the same configuration of partitions and filesystems that with i686

sda1 / with EXt3 or EXT4
sda5 /var
sda6 /home

Trying to installing manual with grub-install fail with the same error.
md5sum of the stage1 are OK.

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar