[arch-releng] Beta2 ISOs and final release

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 13:20:16 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:07:20AM -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 9:58 AM, 栄治 <neosisani at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I had same issue when using first version. I think that error is in
> > code i pasted below, but i don't know how to confirm it. Not sure if
> > this remains in latest beta, since i'm having some trouble booting it.
> > Will report later if i find out more.
>
> This sounds right. I remember someone saying that ext4 partitions no
> longer mount as ext2 (whereas ext3 partitions do).
>
> What this loop does is try to mount what it can and look for the
> device we booted from. I guess we could make this more sophisticated
> by using klibc's fstype.
>
> Greg, does this break booting, or are they simply error messages spit out?

No, it doesnt break booting. You just see the messages. A simple way to
see them is to not use rootdelay as it happens right before the usb
hook.
I dont know if it breaks anything liveCD related though.
The installation i performed went just fine. Just like the previous time
only this time using the beta2 i686 img, not gebra's fix-usb img alpha i
had used before.

Greg