[arch-releng] [archiso-PATCH] cleanup the mirrorlist handling in overlay

Gerhard Brauer gerbra at archlinux.de
Sun Jul 5 05:24:25 EDT 2009

Am Sonntag, den 05.07.2009, 10:39 +0200 schrieb Gerhard Brauer:
> Found a better way to get a actual working mirrorlist into our ISO/Images.

Question: should we place ftp.archlinux.org mirror on top of the
generated mirrorlist?

Currently the fetched mirrorlist is sorted by country, so an Australian
mirror is on top. This is normally not a real problem if someone uses
pacman in live-CD mode (aif installer ask the user which mirror should
be used during web-install from this list).

So what you opinions? Pushing archlinux.org mirror although we would
avoid using this host?
Or live with: first-in = first-use, a experienced arch user IMHO think
to check the mirrorlist and push his preferenced mirror...

Regards
	Gerhard