[arch-releng] 2009.08 alpha images

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Thu Jul 9 06:38:26 EDT 2009

Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> Hi guys,
> As you may have read already
> (http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-releng/2009-July/000549.html )
> we are working on a new release, which we would like to have out there
> by froscon. (22 august 2009)
>
> You'll find the alpha images here:
> http://build.archlinux.org/isos/
> Target audience: interested hackers, eg the people on this list.

<snip>

I took the alpha installers for a spin. I haven't downloaded an iso
since 2007 and a bit has changed!  Good work.

I used archlinux-2009.08-alpha-core-i686.iso in qemu and installed a
very minimal system (filesystem, kernel26, initscripts, pacman & grub).
Had no real issues, although I did nothing fancy...

A couple of minor suggestions:
You could use a "clear" on exiting the installer as the prompt was still
covered in the background colors.
When I get a message about going back and do rollback (after changing
filesystem stuff) and I click "yes", I get sent back to the main menu
instead of the hard disk setup menu.

Allan