[arch-releng] building 2.6.30 iso's

Gerhard Brauer gerbra at archlinux.de
Wed Jun 17 08:42:29 EDT 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 17.06.2009, 13:53 +0200 schrieb Gerhard Brauer:
> Am Mittwoch, den 17.06.2009, 13:46 +0200 schrieb Dieter Plaetinck:
>
> > Hi G
> > I was doing make core-iso, can you try that?
>
> Ok, will try this....

Ok, also talked with Dieter on IM. IMHO it's too much work to put
testing repo/packages also on a core-iso. We have either to modify
dowmload-repo.sh to mix core and testing packages (and build a actual
core.db.tar.gz with repo-add therein to get all packages in db). Or we
must build own squashfs testing-pkg which get mounted on the iso, but
then we must also modify the installer/ais to get this during package
installation....
Too much work IMHO....

If we build isos for testing purpose (alpha,private,...) we should build
only ftp images. All we have to test could be done easily with these.
Core-isos (or RC core-isos) should be build only when we don't need
testing packages (most time it's the kernel+depends....)

Gerhard