[arch-releng] building 2.6.30 iso's

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Thu Jun 18 15:48:17 EDT 2009

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:42:29 +0200
Gerhard Brauer <gerbra at archlinux.de> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 17.06.2009, 13:53 +0200 schrieb Gerhard Brauer:
> > Am Mittwoch, den 17.06.2009, 13:46 +0200 schrieb Dieter Plaetinck:
> >
> > > Hi G
> > > I was doing make core-iso, can you try that?
> >
> > Ok, will try this....
>
> Ok, also talked with Dieter on IM. IMHO it's too much work to put
> testing repo/packages also on a core-iso. We have either to modify
> dowmload-repo.sh to mix core and testing packages (and build a actual
> core.db.tar.gz with repo-add therein to get all packages in db). Or we
> must build own squashfs testing-pkg which get mounted on the iso, but
> then we must also modify the installer/ais to get this during package
> installation....
> Too much work IMHO....
>
> If we build isos for testing purpose (alpha,private,...) we should
> build only ftp images. All we have to test could be done easily with
> these. Core-isos (or RC core-isos) should be build only when we don't
> need testing packages (most time it's the kernel+depends....)
>
> Gerhard

Ugh.
When i undid most of my patches (all, except the kernel version in
Makefile and slight package changes in packages.list) I could build
the ftp-iso but Virtualbox would crash while trying to boot it.

When I undid literally everything I would get:
 error: 'lshwd': not found in sync db

Which looks fairly obvious to me, since this package is in AUR.  Eg i
needed these patches to get a few steps further, did you really mean
you don't need any changes in the most recent archiso?