[arch-releng] building 2.6.30 iso's

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Thu Jun 18 16:38:29 EDT 2009

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 21:48:17 +0200
Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:42:29 +0200
> Gerhard Brauer <gerbra at archlinux.de> wrote:

> > > Ok, will try this....
> >
> > Ok, also talked with Dieter on IM. IMHO it's too much work to put
> > testing repo/packages also on a core-iso. We have either to modify
> > dowmload-repo.sh to mix core and testing packages (and build a
> > actual core.db.tar.gz with repo-add therein to get all packages in
> > db). Or we must build own squashfs testing-pkg which get mounted on
> > the iso, but then we must also modify the installer/ais to get this
> > during package installation....
> > Too much work IMHO....
> >
> > If we build isos for testing purpose (alpha,private,...) we should
> > build only ftp images. All we have to test could be done easily with
> > these. Core-isos (or RC core-isos) should be build only when we
> > don't need testing packages (most time it's the kernel+depends....)
> >
> > Gerhard
> >

> Ugh.
> When i undid most of my patches (all, except the kernel version in
> Makefile and slight package changes in packages.list) I could build
> the ftp-iso but Virtualbox would crash while trying to boot it.
>
> When I undid literally everything I would get:
>  error: 'lshwd': not found in sync db
>
> Which looks fairly obvious to me, since this package is in AUR.  Eg i
> needed these patches to get a few steps further, did you really mean
> you don't need any changes in the most recent archiso?
>
> Dieter

seems like problem 1 is a vbox problem.
(I use virtualbox_bin 2.2.4-1, not ose because i had a lot of problems
getting it running on my system)

the iso works fine in qemu...

So, to conclude you can build 2.6.30 iso's with the latest archiso by
enabling testing on your host system, changing the kernel version in
Makefile and updating the package.list and running sudo make ftp-iso