[arch-releng] what should AIF depend on?

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 11:17:50 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:
> dieter at dieter-ws-a7n8x-arch ~ pacman -Si aif
> Depends On     : bash  pacman
> Optional Deps  : markdown: to generate the html installation guide
>
> is this enough?
> should i include coreutils and grub?
> (requested @ http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/16205?project=6&status[0]= )
>
> afaik there was some stuff "that is always assumed to be installed"
> such as packages in the base group.  But i can't find back the info
> about that on the developerwiki..

So as far as normal packages go; yes, we assume the base group is
always installed. However, live environments might not always follow
this for space/disk concerns. If you already have it depending on bash
and pacman, two packages in base, it probably wouldn't hurt to add
coreutils in there.

These are just my two cents; if anyone else has a more convincing
argument for either side you should listen to them. :)

-Dan