[arch-releng] new release images?

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sun Nov 29 06:52:36 EST 2009

Hi guys,
how do you feel about working again on some new images? for the
upcoming 2.6.32 kernel?
I personally wouldn't like to invest as much time as the previous
times, but for 2009.08 Gerhard and i have done a lot of
"infrastructure" & "process" work of which we should now feel the
benefits: building new images should be smoother.

So I would suggest to start working on new images in which we fix the
biggest issues from last time, and add some useful features (such as
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13213 and/or
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10753)

I've been to build.archlinux.org again to check out the state of our
chroots, but I wondered: can i safely upgrade all packages (including
kernel stuff)? what's the state of archiso? did we do any manual
modifications to scripts such as archiso? should I install archiso from
git (master) or is there a new package? Maybe we should just put
an archiso git checkout in /home/archiso because it will keep on
getting improvements anyway.  Anything else I'm forgetting before we can
start to actually build images in the chroot?

Also, Gerardo has been doing great work on our bugtracker and many nice
patches for archiso, and he will gladly help us out.