[arch-releng] 2010.04.05 snapshots ready for testing

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 21:01:00 CEST 2010

Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> I just did an installation myself and it worked, but of course images
> require a lot more testing, especially for the exotic things (lvm,
> encryption, automatic installs, all new features such as pxe booting,
> etc).
> So please give these images a spin.  They can't be much worse then the
> last official release ;-)

Hello Dieter,
I grabbed the latest netinstall image for i686, and I tried to do an
install with dm_crypt.  It failed.
AIF tossed the following error message when it tried to make
a filesystem on /dev/mapper/cryptoroot:
Error: process_filesystem needs a partition as $1.

Here is what I specified during the "manually configure block devices"
stage:
* /dev/sda1 mounts on /boot, and has an fs type of ext4.
* /dev/sda2 is swap.
* /dev/sda3 is of type dm_crypt, and the label is cryptoroot.
* /dev/mapper/cryptoroot contains an ext4 filesystem, and it mounts on /.
I also indicated that all filesystems should be re-created.

PS.  This is my first attempt to use dm_crypt, so it's possible that I
may have made a mistake.

-- Chris