[arch-releng] 2010.04.05 snapshots ready for testing

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sat Apr 10 03:10:07 EDT 2010

On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 17:24:42 -0500
Chris Brannon <cmbrannon79 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> > can you tell me which files are there in /dev/mapper ?
>
> /dev/mapper/control, and /dev/mapper/cryptoroot.
> These exist in both the failure case and the success case (see below).
>
> > is there a /var/log/aif/aif.logfile you can send/pastebin me?
>
> Unfortunately, I can't make it fail consistently.  When I invoke
> aif -p interactive -l -d
> it works beautifully.
>
> I'm stumped.  I can try the whole process again, if you like.
>
> -- Chris

odd indeed.
usually problems like this happen if you have been doing block device
configuration (manually or through aif) before configuring them [again]
in AIF.  something stays "open" or something like that. (it should work
if you use the rollback feature in aif though)

if you had the problem when doing the installation thing directly after
a fresh cd-rom boot, it would definitely be useful to have that logfile.
if `aif -p interactive -l -p` does not fail and /arch/setup does,
this might have something to do with the recent changes in the
logging/debugging code (although it seems unlikely from the error you
gave). some users have reporting /arch/setup not generating a logfile
btw.