[arch-releng] 2010.04.05 snapshots ready for testing

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 10:30:19 EDT 2010

Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> if you had the problem when doing the installation thing directly after
> a fresh cd-rom boot, it would definitely be useful to have that logfile.

I start the install directly after boot.  The only thing I don't do
is partition the drive, since it's already partitioned.

> if `aif -p interactive -l -p` does not fail and /arch/setup does,
> this might have something to do with the recent changes in the
> logging/debugging code (although it seems unlikely from the error you
> gave). some users have reporting /arch/setup not generating a logfile
> btw.

Right.  /arch/setup doesn't give me a logfile.  IIRC, neither does
aif -p interactive.
And as I said, aif -p interactive -l -d works fine.

If it's at all important, I'm doing all of this in qemu.  Not sure how
that could matter, though.

-- Chris